Monday, December 5, 2011

Lazy Sunday Gaming Club

On Sunday I got together with some friends and had a quiet afternoon of gaming. It was nice to get out of the house for a little while in the weekend and have some "bonus" gaming. Managed to fit in two games before I got a call from my wife telling me that power to our house had been lose and that power lines were down (Sunday afternoon callout.... so much for this months gaming budget!).

Anyway.... had a quick intro game of Legends of the Old West (LotOW) with Victor, more to give him a basic idea of the rules rather than anything else. This game ROCKS! and despite having not played it in a few years, I remembered some of the rules - thats a good sign in my opinion that the rules are fun. Victor's band of four guns managed to run me out of town (beginners luck). I would have taken some pictures but we were using 15mm European Buildings as stand-ins whilst I build me Perry's plastic buildings.

We then switched over for a 25 point Warmachine game. Victor put his Skorne on hold and pulled out his Dwarves: Gorton, Steinhammer, 4 Gun Bunnies (2 marshalled by Thor), a Driller and Brun and Lug. I put the Butcher on the table for the first time (he is pretty awesome), two Juggers, 5 Demo Korps, 2 Manhunters and Widowmakers. The game was heaps of fun with Victor putting me under early pressure cleaning out alot of my figures for just the loss of Steinhammer, but on the feat turn I was able to put down the Driller, Brun & Lug and a Gun Bunny (with 1 and bit Juggers and Butcher), essentially leaving Gorton with no choice but to go in and try and finish off the two damaged Juggers.... it did not end well for him!

Demo Korps and Manhunters lead the charge

The battle lines hit each other

The demise of Gorton!
Sadly the efforts on Sunday have now given me another Christmas project to do - put together my Wild West houses and put together a small town for some gaming fun!

P.S. - Congrats to Dave Taylor for adding another future gamer to this world!

No comments: