Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tournaments Galore...

The first half of 2012 is a very busy one on the tournament front, three tournaments down and 3 or 4 more to go.. Why 3 OR 4 you ask? I have permission to go to Panzerschreck 2012 this year but I feel that my leave pass might get revoked since my first child is due two weeks afterwards!

In a little over two weeks time we have the NZ Nationals, with two separate tournaments - a one day 25 point Highlander event, and a two day 35 point SR2012 event (with 7 points of reinforcements). 

25pt Highlander - my plan was to go with a very simple plan, using painted figures (so I don't have to get anything new painted)...
Karchev the Terrible
Destroyer
Juggernaut (x2)
Man-O-War Demo Corps (x3)
Reinholdt

This gives me a force that I am well used to using, with the added benefit of having Reinholdt for a bit of pre-measuring fun, as well as letting him get off a pair of shots with the SP10 "gun". Just need to get confirmation that I am allowed duplicate 'jacks.

As for the 35 point SR2012 event
Karchev the Terrible
Wardog
Destroyer
Juggernaut (x2)
Iron Fang Uhlans (x3)
Man-O-War Demo Corps (x5)

Reinforcements:
Manhunters (x2)
Yuri the Axe

Once again I am working on the theory that I know how the core of the army works having taken the same force (without the IFU) at an event last year. I've never used cavalry before, nor have I gotten them painted yet so I need to get a shake on!

As for the rest of the year we the Flames of War Mid War GT, which I am meant to be painting up an entirely new army... And finally the North Island Convention (NiCon) where Sean, Victor and I are teaming up to defend out title of Swamp Gobblers (from last years teams event). For this event I have a 35 point eBaldur list on the painting table.

Finally, I realised that I had not put any photos of Kaya and her Wolves on the the blog yet. I borrowed the camera this morning and managed to take a few photos. With a bit of luck I'll have some WIP images of the Uhlans next week!

Kaya and the 'real' Wolfpack!



2 comments:

Sicarius said...

Dude you are going to struggle with that list. You cant have duplicates in the highlander, and you cant have characters - so Reinholdts out too :(

Wargamer on Tour said...

Yeah, its not a great list - more something that I just want to have fun with that is also painted. I've revised it and whilst I do not think that its much better, hopefully its more legal :)