Friday, March 15, 2013

T-34 Battalion

Over February much of my painting time was taken up by a project for work. I volunteered to paint up a T-34 Battalion over the course of a month - sounds easy doesn't it....

Turns out I bit off a little more than I could chew as I had a number of competing painting projects all due around the same time. Luckily for me I have a very supportive wife (I had to say that as she occasionally reads this blog) who let me duck out for a few extra painting sessions with the boys from work. 

I was actually really happy with how the army came together in the end and whilst I am definitely biased I think the new plastic accessory sprue is great. I don't think it saved me much time with assembly, however the pieces look better and the new tracks are fantastic. I'll be getting some more sprues when I start painting up some SU-100s and SU-85s for the list!


You can follow my progress on the army here:
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five

Not sure when I will get around to adding to the army, as you can tell I am a deadline painter so I will need to find a tournament that will force me to focus on one project for a few weeks and get some more support platoons painted up.

No comments: